India is known throughout the world for its slew of tourist destinations. Almost every nook and cranny has some or the other tourist magnet tucked away. Every year, people fly all the way from London to India to discover or rediscover the country. While the hill states of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh are famed for mesmerising spots like Valley of Flowers, Shimla, and Manali, the beach destinations of Goa and Kerala give offer some of the best sun, sand, and surf experience. Similarly, visiting major historical landmarks like Red Fort, Taj Mahal, and Sheesh Mahal on the Golden Triangle Tour of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur is another major highlight of an Indian odyssey. Read for some more tips on the country.
- Some of the most popular airlines operating flights to India are British Airways, Jet Airways, Air India, Kingfisher Airlines, and Emirates Airlines.
- Before buying your air tickets to India, make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your visa application and also six months after the date of your planned arrival in the country.
- Some of the airlines in India offering domestic travel are Kingfisher Red, Jagson Airlines, IndiGo Airlines, and GoAir. Other forms of domestic travel in India are trains, buses, and taxis.
- The best time to visit India is the winter season as far as most places are concerned. However, while planning India holidays, one also has to take note of regional climatic variations and personal choices regarding the weather and the destination to be visited. .
- Take adequate precautions against mosquitoes and stick to bottled water as well as well-cooked food.